100 Years of History
The purchase of the Riverbank building in 2015 was a dream come true for Tommy Jeffs who has always loved what he calls “The Grand Dame” of Canowindra’s heritage listed main street.
Before Tommy’s transformation into luxury dining and B&B accommodation, the building was the Riverbank Gallery playing host to many local and regional up and coming artists.
The building was established in September 1915 as The Bank of New South Wales, but many locals remember it in their time as the Westpac Bank. It was one of two bank buildings established in the town during that year. Further up the street, the Commercial Banking Company of Sydney was also built earlier in August 1915. This building now houses the National Australia Bank.